Often people think that bed bugs thrive in filth however it is a myth. As a matter of fact, bed-bugs can grow in any kind of environment as long as they get their source of food. Therefore, if you want to get rid of them from your premises then you must understand this fact.
La punaise du lit live on blood and unlike their mosquitoes, they cannot fly in search of food. Neither do they create their colony to live. Their way of searching for food is little different from other insects. They generally hide themselves near their food source and come out when they think it is safe to appear.
Usually, the size of most of the bed bug is too small and have a transparent skin texture and due to this reason, it is very hard to see. However, when they grow into adult then they can be easily seen when they come out in open. They may still manage to hide themselves and quite often even an adult bed bug may also escape detection. Often people think that they hide under filth however that is not correct. They can be present even in any clean or well-maintained environment. However, they may not remain undetected for too long.
What are the sources of bed bugs?
Bed bugs can be found almost in any place of the world. They can survive in all kinds of environment. Usually following are the places they come from:
- Trains, buses, cruise, air planes, or taxis
- City hall
- Office buildings
- Universities and colleges
- Nursing homes
- Fire stations
- Daycare homes
- Government buildings
- Police stations
- Your workplace
- Your friend’s house
- Your relative’s house
How bed bugs arrive at your house?
Bed bugs can hitchhike from different places. They can come back from almost anywhere and following are few places where you must be very watchful.
- If you spend your night at any resort, hotel or motel then thoroughly inspect the beds, however well maintained and clean it may be.
- While using any public transport just keep your eyes open and check if there are any signs of such bugs
- When any guest come to stay with you for few days, then they may also bring bed bugs with their luggage
- If your child visits his/her friends house to spend some time then there is a possibility that they may carry bed bugs with them.